Sunday, March 25, 2018

Recipe for a more profitable Holy Week

Eduard Perrone, "A Pastor's Descant" [temporary link] (Assumption Grotto News, March 25, 2018):
Directions for a more profitable Holy Week:

Save this page and thoughtfully read over the following quotations every day:
  • "You will all fall away because of Me this night." (Mt 26:31)
  • "Even if I must die with You, I will not deny You." (Mt 26:35)
  • "You will deny Me three times." (Mt 26:34)
  • "What will you give me if I hand Him over to you?" (Mt 26:15)
  • "I have sinned in betraying innocent Blood" (Mt 27:4)
  • "Jesus offered up prayers ... with loud cries and tears." (Heb 7:7)
  • "I thirst." (Jn 19:28)
  • "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do." (Lk 23:34)
  • "My God, my God, why have You abandoned Me?" (Mt 27:46)
  • "When they had mocked Him, they stripped Him." (Mt 27:31)
  • "A Lamb led to the slaughter." (Is 53:7)
  • "When I am lifted up, I will draw all men to Myself." (Jn 12:32)
  • "Behold the wood of the Cross on which hung the Savior of the world." (Antiphon, Good Friday)
  • "Let us go to die with Him!" Jn 11:16)
  • "If we die with Christ, we shall live with Him." (2 Tim 2:11)
  • "Let a man deny himself, take up his cross and follow Me." (Mt 16:24)
  • "Where I am, there will My servant be." (Jn 12:26)
  • "God forbid that such a thing should happen to You!" (Mt 16:22)
  • "My soul is sad, even unto death." (Mt 26:38)
  • "Christ became obedient for us, even unto death, dying on a cross." (Phil 2:8)
  • "They spat on Him and struck Him." (Mt 27:30)
  • "Father, let this cup pass Me by." (Mt 26:39)
  • "The cross is foolishness to those headed for ruin." (1 Cor 1:18)
  • "Now judgment has come upon this world." (Jn 12:31)
  • "You will all leave Me." (Jn 16:32)
  • "They pierced My hands and My feet." (Ps 22:16)
  • "My one companion is darkness." (Ps 88:18)
  • "By Your blood You purchased people for God." (Rev 5:9)
  • "By Your holy cross You have redeemed the world." (Stations of the Cross)
  • "Could you not keep watch with Me one hour?" (Mt 26:26, 28)
  • "The Lamb has been sacrificed." (1 Cor 5:7)
  • "I trod the winepress alone." (Is 63:3)
  • "Golgotha -- the place of the skull." (Mt 27:33)
  • "They shouted all the more, 'Crucify Him!'" (Mk 15:13)
  • "His sweat became as great drops of blood." (Lk 22:44)
  • "They jeered at Him." (Mk 5:40)
  • "His face was so marred beyond human likeness." (Is 52:14)
  • "I offered My back to the smiters." (Is 50:61)
  • "A soldier pierced His side." (Jn 19:34)
  • "This Jesus ... whom you crucified." (Acts 3:36)
  • "I have forgotten what peace is." (Lm 3:17)
  • "He was bruised for our offenses." (Is 53:4)

No comments: