Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Prayer requests

Please pray for ...
  • a childhood friend of mine, born in China the same year as myself, who is undergoing a surgery to repair part of her pancreas (name: Julia)
  • a young member of our seminary staff, just married, now diagnosed with pancreatic cancer (name: Elizabeth)
  • a couple of friends struggling in their marital relationships (unnamed)
  • a few friends struggling with various addictions (unnamed)
  • all lapsed or unbelieving family members
  • a Muslim couple's nominally Christian daughter who impulsively married into a very bad situation (unnamed)
  • Fr. Z's ongoing and urgent request for prayer for two particular intentions
  • Traveling mercies for all those traveling during the summer.
“Be sober, be watchful! For your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, goes about seeking someone to devour. Resist him, steadfast in the faith.” 1 Peter 5: 8-9

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have printed out your requests and plan to say prayers for each one.

Donna

Pertinacious Papist said...

Thank you kindly, Donna!

Rachel said...

I'm praying. :)

Pertinacious Papist said...

Rhank you, Rachel!

chrisslover1986 said...

I pray that me, my wife, and daughter will be reunited for the holidays and that there will be a restoration in our relationships. We also suffer in poverty so I pray God will answer in whatever way he sees fit. I also pray for the salvation of my wife (Riley) and daughter (Brielle). I have not held them in nearly 6 months and pray that my wife can love me again.

A.B. said...

Dear Chrisslover,

I feel your hurt, my friend. I hope and pray that you may be reunited and find the financial means to make ends meet.

In the meantime, the best thing I can suggest is to visit, as frequently as possible, Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament at your nearest Catholic Church that has "visitation" hours during the day.

Kind regards,
A.B.

Rachel said...

I'll pray for your intentions too, chrisslover.